Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Final Topic



           My group and I chose to do performing arts and we have decided to base it on “Speak no evil, See no evil, and hear no evil.” This topic caught my attention because it involves body movements and many artists incorporate the body in their work. Not only in painting, but people get tattoos symbolizing these poses. I also use them on a daily basis when I text others on my cellphone since the smileys do the pose as well. Seeing them all around made me want to learn more about it. Here are some examples of how people display this topic in their own way through art.

 Bruce Nauman
"A"
Screen print on paper
1970
 Jeannie Burleson
"See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil"
Digitally manipulated photograph
2008
Sterling Brown
"Hear no Evil"
Art print


No comments:

Post a Comment